A general meeting for Autism West Cork will be held at
10:30am on Wednesday 6th June 2012
At the Respite House, Co-Action Centre
St Mary’s Hill
Come and help shape the future of Autism West Cork.
- Greetings and introductions.
- Election of officers.
- Autism West Cork – the way forward. Have your say on how Autism West Cork should develop.
- Events report and discussion.
- Any other business
Two major workshops in Cork , that will be beneficial to parents, caregivers and professionals who care for or work with children, young people and adults with an Autism Spectrum Disorder(includes Asperger’s Syndrome).
Kevin Baskerville-Educationalist, manager of the Leicestershire autism outreach services has agreed to do two of his highly acclaimed workshops in Cork. Kevin has been involved in the field of autism for almost twenty years, he has taught across mainstream, special and unit education environments and has also worked with adults. The two workshops are:
1. ‘Understanding and teaching friendship skills.’ Friday June 8th at Maryborough House Hotel and Spa, Douglas, Cork.
2. ‘Disclosure and self Esteem.’ Saturday June 9th at Maryborough House Hotel and Spa, Douglas, Cork.
These workshops will use lecture style presentation, group activities. Question and answer opportunities blended with videos and anecdotal evidence.
The cost for each workshop is €40 and includes refreshments and light lunch.
For further details and to book place please contact Nicola on 042 9330252 or email email@example.com. Further information can also be obtained form Kieran Kennedy at The Shine Centre in Cork 021 437 7052.